Monday, March 28, 2005

The Hypocrisy Of It All

Would you believe I had nothing to write about for a whole week? Yeah, I wouldn't either. But, I'm back now, and to all three of you who are still reading: thanks for waiting.

Anyways, the title of this entry refers to the people claiming it is murder and immoral to let Terri Schiavo die from dehydration. By now you should be able to tell which side of the debate I fall on. So let me explain further. It is patently absurd that these people are making such a fuss out of one brain dead woman when there are far, far, far more people in American alone, not to mention the world at large, who are dying from far more strenuous conditions. Hell, just look at Africa! Or the war in Iraq (which probably happened because of many of these people voting for the president that created it)! Or even all the people on death row with less than substantial evidence to prove their guilt! Where are all the right-to-life people demonstrating for these causes? Why aren't they out there trying to sneak water and food to all the African children dying of hunger right now? Why aren't they marching in front of the White House at this moment demanding our troops withdraw so no more lives will be unnecessarily lost in the Middle East? For Christ's sake, do they even realize how ridiculous and short-sighted they're being by trying to prolong the bed-ridden life of a woman who's been deemed to have no chance of recovery from countless doctors for over 15 YEARS?!

The answer, of course, is that evidently they do not, and if they do, they're sure not acting like it. I, for one, will be more than glad to see this whole ordeal be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home