Dude!
Wow.
Fucking Penny Arcade themselves linked to Sega Fantasy VI.
I had hoped this would happen when I first put it out there, but I never really thought it would.
Wow.
(And no, they don't mention my translation or even the fact that I did it, but that's probably to be expected, as the whole point of translating it was to make accessible something that can and should be enjoyed by as many gamers as possible. I think it's safe to say that I have.)
Kick...ass.
Fucking Penny Arcade themselves linked to Sega Fantasy VI.
I had hoped this would happen when I first put it out there, but I never really thought it would.
Wow.
(And no, they don't mention my translation or even the fact that I did it, but that's probably to be expected, as the whole point of translating it was to make accessible something that can and should be enjoyed by as many gamers as possible. I think it's safe to say that I have.)
Kick...ass.

52 Comments:
Hi there, ANT Link. This is B:L from the Penny Arcade forums.
Congrats on getting your link posted on the front page!! I'm seriously sorry for any trouble caused to you from the forums. The mod there, Raijin, isn't the usual mod. Total rule-whoring bastige.
Anywho, thanks for the great work. All my friends enjoyed it!
B:L - I remember you! You were the first one to post at my thread there. I also recall you were kind enough to go back and make your own thread linking to SF6 after I was jailed. I wanted to thank you sooner for sticking up for me, but it took 5 days or so for me to be un-jailed and to be honest, I just didn't feel like hanging around there again. I don't deny that it was foolish of me to go around linking my own work there when, if I had read the forum rules I would have clearly seen it was against them, but dammit, I had to get the word out about it. And having read PA for years, and knowing how popular it was and how many gamers read it, it was the first place I thought of to do so.
At any rate, thank you for your help at the forums and I'm glad that you and your friends all liked it. And of course I can't help but be thrilled that Tycho thought enough to link to it on the main page. I'm also amazed at how widespread it's become in these two weeks. All it started with was a couple forum posts and links to friends, and now both 8-Bit Theater and Penny Arcade have found out and linked to it, ensuring more quality viewers than I could have imagined.
It's a great feeling.
This is one of the highest examples of Nerd Art I've ever seen in my life. Every person involved in producing this is to be heartily congratulated.
This brought tears to my eyes, for a lot of reasons: I'm not the only person who can personify machines. It was such an incredible tribute to FF6. It captured the spirit of my childhood, and how I feel about modern games. The whole concept was well-executed. It was funny and accessible, with in-jokes that didn't detract.
I can't say enough good things about what was done here.
If you're the guy who translated it....do you by any chance know ALL the references and could possible explain them in a FAQ or something? I have NO IDEA what the Engine Buster is or a few of the others...
Adam - Nerd Art. I like that.
Blade - I am indeed the guy who translated it, but sadly, that doesn't mean I got all of the references or in-jokes. Hell, I haven't even beaten Final Fantasy 6! As for the Engine Buster, however, I can tell you that while it may be a real device (a combination of the Turbo-Grafx 16, which was called the PC Engine in Japan, and its CD accessory) the name was just something the creator came up with on his own. Same for Ultima Famicon and Mega Drive Tower.
Nert Art, I was thinking more along the lines of gamergasm or nostalgasm. This is, simply, amazing. Props to the creators and equal props to the man (or woman) with the dedication and care to translate it for the english-speaking unenlightened. I think I'll watch it again.
Gabs&Sarcose - Your appreciation is itself much appreciated. But just to clarify; I'm all man, baby.
All I can say man is hey thanks for translating that, it truly reminded me of how much I love FF6 and that its one of the games that made me wanna become a video game designer.
And it was damn funny! X D
Thanks again man
You are totally awesome!! Any chance you might translate the other SEGA Fantasies (IV and V)?
That link goes to his new Michael Jackson (from the Moonwalker game) flash. You can still find it here.
The problem is, the English button just takes you to a black screen - left it for over an hour, twice, and nothing ever showed up. The other videos don't have a problem loading up - it's like he removed it. I can't find any mirror of this anywhere - everybody else used the same link.
If you can contact him (I don't speak Japanese) and get it resolved, that would be great. I'd love to direct some friends to this great satire!
Ah, it's just because the file is too big .I tried to contact with the author.
Gabe I was just looking online for info on ebook creation and ran across this blog. Actually this post was not exactly what I was searching for, it grabbed my attention. I understand now how I landed on your site when I typed in ebook creation related info, and I'm glad I found your page.
Hey Gabe, you have a great blog here. this post caught my eye and I thought I would put a post on it. I'm looking for help.
The site I have is a legitimate home business site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway I was on your site looking for ways to help my business. I'm really looking for ways of building better rapport between recruits.
Anyways Gabe thanks for the great blog. I'll just have to carry on my search till I find what I'm looking for. Take care.
Advertising can be a big problem otherwise. A lot of companies reserve a big chunk of their budgets to cover marketing expenditures.
Hello Gabe, been looking for the latest info on fx and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on forex entry & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Hi Gabe, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a article like yours with an familair topic such as this post. Its not was I was searching for but somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.
I have a soft spot for sites and blogs related to DeadEasy Ebook and /or sites that have a central theme around DeadEasy Ebook type items.
Once again, thank you Gabe, look forward see more posts from you in the future :-)
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on easyforex & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Hello Gabe, been looking for the latest info on bestfx and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Hello Gabe, been looking for the latest info on easyforex and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Greetings Gabe, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for home online uk work. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - home online uk work. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.
Anyways Gabe, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.
Gooday Gabe, I was surfing around and came accross your post on this post quite by accident. Although it is slightly related to what I was searching for it somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.
I sometimes have a soft spot for blogs related to DeadEasy Ebook and /or sites that have a central theme around DeadEasy Ebook type items.
Once again Gabe, thank you for your post. :-)
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on forexcharting & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on forex & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on pairstrading.com & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Gabe, here is some interesting forex and forex trading client testimonials related information. If you are interested in forex trading and forex trading client testimonials you will find the site useful.
Best of luck.
Interesting site, Gabe. I have been reserching for fx trading station related information on the internet when I stumbled upon your blog. While surfing I came across one other terrific fx trading station related site. Check it out. You may find it useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, while researching for forex trading related information I have come accross your blog. Since your site is generally related to forex and trading forex I thought you might find this trading forex related site interesting. Check them out.
Kind regards.
Gabe, here is some interesting forex and day trading signals related information. If you are interested in forex trading and day trading signals you will find the site useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, while researching for forex trading related information I have come accross your blog. Since your site is generally related to forex and fx trading station I thought you might find this fx trading station related site interesting. Check them out.
Kind regards.
Hi there Gabe, I had been out looking for some new information on real time currency signals when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Hi Gabe, Out surfing for information on foriegncurrency & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Hello Gabe, been looking for the latest info on forex traders workbook and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Gabe, are you interested in forex or forex strategies? If so then you will find this forex strategies related site useful.
Kind regards.
Interesting site, Gabe. I have been reserching for managed forex trading account related information on the internet when I stumbled upon your blog. While surfing I came across one other terrific managed forex trading account related site. Check it out. You may find it useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, are you interested in forex or day trading forex currencies? If so then you will find this day trading forex currencies related site useful.
Kind regards.
Hello Gabe, been looking for the latest info on pairstrading.com and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Hi there Gabe, I had been out looking for some new information on easyforex when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Interesting site, Gabe. I have been reserching for forex alert related information on the internet when I stumbled upon your blog. While surfing I came across one other terrific forex alert related site. Check it out. You may find it useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, here is some interesting forex and millionaires from forex related information. If you are interested in forex trading and millionaires from forex you will find the site useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, while researching for forex trading related information I have come accross your blog. Since your site is generally related to forex and currency exchange rate forecast I thought you might find this currency exchange rate forecast related site interesting. Check them out.
Kind regards.
Gabe, while researching for forex trading related information I have come accross your blog. Since your site is generally related to forex and currency trading professional I thought you might find this currency trading professional related site interesting. Check them out.
Kind regards.
I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.
Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com
RickJ
Hi there Gabe, I was doing some online research for new information on currency trading account when I discovered this interesting topic about this post. This site, while not totally related to the currency trading account news I was searching for, provides a lot of excellent and creative information. Thank you for the informative posts... I'll be sure to bookmark you and check back often! :)
Hey there Gabe, I'm always looking for new and interesting information, and while searching the Internet for currency trading account related information, I found this site. The this post post, although not a 100% match for the news about currency trading account that I was orginally looking for, certainly grabbed my attention immediately. I found myself spending a good amount of time looking around your great site. Thank you and keep up the splended work!
blog
god, there's like 2 real replies, and everything is is friggin retarded sale bots...why even bother? do you honostly think that someone's going to be so stupid as to accidentally click on of those damn links to whatever junk you're hawking?
ugg, apparantly someone does, or they wouldn't be doing it in the first place *mutter*
oh, and where'd the vids go? the old link goes to some michael jackson video, and I can't find any mirrors or anything anywhere (that actually work). The original version's still up, just no translated versions of any of the SF's.
Good info. Thanks.
Regards,
Emini S&P 500 Futures Daytrader
day trading course emini
If you cant navigate (or randomly click around) the Japanese site, there's a mirror for it ...
Here! http://www.dontpressstart.com/pro/SF6/
Enjoy. Although the Michael Forever ROCKS HARD. And Gabe, what's up, man?
Interesting site, Gabe. I have been reserching for profitable trades in forex related information on the internet when I stumbled upon your blog. While surfing I came across one other terrific profitable trades in forex related site. Check it out. You may find it useful.
Best of luck.
Gabe, here is some interesting forex and daily fx technical analysis services related information. If you are interested in forex trading and daily fx technical analysis services you will find the site useful.
Best of luck.
Post a Comment
<< Home