Friday, April 01, 2005

New Insta-blog! Just add IMs!

Obviously I haven't been doing this long enough to have people care if I did any kind of April Fool's joke with this blog or not, but for the few of you who do read it, here's one I played on Adam. Those of you who follow and play games will be sure to get it. And if you're wondering, the reason it's so absurdly long is because I must have done too good a job convincing him my words were sincere instead of a hoax, and I couldn't break the illusion until he figured it out. Anyways, here it is:

ANT Link15: In other news, I finally broke down and got myself a PSP
ACStrawn: Finally broke down???? It's been 2 weeks
ACStrawn: lol
ANT Link15: Nah, only a week
ANT Link15: Well, 4 odd months if you count Japan ^_^
ANT Link15: Actually, I would have gotten one sooner, but it's been sold out EVERYwhere
ANT Link15: One store I visited even had negative two units on back order!
ANT Link15: But no matter, as I finally found a store that had one
ANT Link15: And all I had to do to get it was swear an oath to Sony in blood! Well, and buy a 512 meg memory stick in addition to the system itself
ANT Link15: Because hey, those videos converted to PSP format aren't going to follow me around watching themselves, you know
ANT Link15: And speaking of videos, I don't know how I ever LIVED without being able to watch Spider-Man 2 on a moments notice before!
ANT Link15: And Metal Gear with cards? Wow! It's exactly what the series always needed! I can't believe they didn't think of it before!
ANT Link15: I mean, what better way to escape your enemies than by shuffling through your deck hoping to get the smoke bomb card, then waiting another turn to use it, and then waiting for ANOTHER card to determine your chances of success?!
ANT Link15: Oh, and I can't forget the indescribable thrill of being able to play Need for Speed AND Wipeout while answering the call of nature!
ANT Link15: Well, as long as you choose one or the other, seeing as the battery only lasts for about one game or movie before it has to recharge
ANT Link15: Oh, and as long as you don't touch the screen, or point at it, or breathe on it...
ANT Link15: And as long as the clump of dead pixels in the middle of the screen doesn't bother you...
ANT Link15: AND as long as the square button still works properly...
ANT Link15: (Mine lasted for a whole hour after I bought it. I'm told that's a really good time for PSPs!)
ANT Link15: And as long as you don't mind carrying the AC adaptor with you everywhere you take it, so as not to run out of power in the middle of a game...
ANT Link15: (I've had that happen to me three times so far, but at least it only ran out of power while I was charging it once!)
ANT Link15: But yeah, aside from those minor issues (oh, and the fact that you shouldn't sit opposite anyone else while you play it, cause you never know when the disc cover could open up and the game could go flying out like a CGI shuriken at whoever's unlucky enough to be in it's way) it's great! I've officially become a Sony fan forever!
ANT Link15: And not just because I have to say that because of my blood oath!
ANT Link15: You should totally get one too! Hell, go on and trade your DS in for it, like I did! You'll never miss it!
ANT Link15: I mean, who needs touch screen capabilities when you can play the same hockey game you can play on regular consoles for 3 hours (or however long the battery decides to last) straight?!
ACStrawn: ^_^*
ACStrawn: lol
ACStrawn: Why did you even buy it?
ANT Link15: I tell you, I just couldn't resist the lure anymore
ANT Link15: It's like it was...calling me
ACStrawn: What lure?
ACStrawn: lol
ANT Link15: Mmm...
ANT Link15: Umm...
ANT Link15: Let me think...
ANT Link15: ...
ACStrawn: I can't believe you paid $300 for one.
ACStrawn: lol
ANT Link15: But...but...
ANT Link15: It's Sony!
ANT Link15: And portable!
ANT Link15: And...portable Sony!
ANT Link15: And you can take it with you anywhere, even if you can't always play it after the battery runs out!
ANT Link15: And not only is it Sony, it's also not Nintendo!
ANT Link15: I mean, that's worth 300 dollars or more right there!
ACStrawn: Waaaait a min...

And with that he finally got it. I don't know about the rest of you, but as an inexperienced pranker I had fun writing this. Hopefully I can do something funnier next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home