Did I Mention The Hypocrisy?
News time again. First, go check out this article from IGN: Former First Lady Slams GTA.
Done? Good. Now, if you'll pardon me the outburst: 90 MILLION DOLLARS to find out how games never intended for children affect them?! I could tell you that right now! NOT IN POSITIVE WAYS! It's no secret! Why do you think we keep kids out of R rated movies? For the same damn reason! It's generally accepted that kids shouldn't watch, read, listen to, or play media entertainment aimed at adults! We get it! It's not new knowledge! So why does Ms Clinton propose we spend 90 fucking million dollars to find out what we already know?! When that money could be spent better on, oh, I don't know, helping the earthquake victims in Indonesia! Or if she wants to help kids, improving the safety of their schools and the salaries of their teachers! I mean, come the fuck on! How could she have gotten the idea that this is the best way to spend money on America's youth?! Or even that this is the best way to improve her chances of getting elected in 2008?! How the fuck did children playing video games become a national crisis?!
::breathes deep::
Okay, I'm better. But seriously, this has got to stop. There are already a ton of major, important issues to spend both brainpower and money on, and this. Isn't. One of them.
Period.
Done? Good. Now, if you'll pardon me the outburst: 90 MILLION DOLLARS to find out how games never intended for children affect them?! I could tell you that right now! NOT IN POSITIVE WAYS! It's no secret! Why do you think we keep kids out of R rated movies? For the same damn reason! It's generally accepted that kids shouldn't watch, read, listen to, or play media entertainment aimed at adults! We get it! It's not new knowledge! So why does Ms Clinton propose we spend 90 fucking million dollars to find out what we already know?! When that money could be spent better on, oh, I don't know, helping the earthquake victims in Indonesia! Or if she wants to help kids, improving the safety of their schools and the salaries of their teachers! I mean, come the fuck on! How could she have gotten the idea that this is the best way to spend money on America's youth?! Or even that this is the best way to improve her chances of getting elected in 2008?! How the fuck did children playing video games become a national crisis?!
::breathes deep::
Okay, I'm better. But seriously, this has got to stop. There are already a ton of major, important issues to spend both brainpower and money on, and this. Isn't. One of them.
Period.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home